Friday, October 12, 2007

Marvellous MIPCOM

Returned from my trip to MIPCOM in Cannes yesterday and feel both knackered and also tremendously invigorated. I got to meet with broadcasters, production companies and distributors to talk about the new show, BITENECK BEATNIKS, as well as pitch my even newer ones too. Having attended Kidscreen Summit in New York and Annecy in France this was another beast altogether. There were literally hundreds of organisations there, all pitching new shows/properties or searching for them as well.

Meeting with Cartoon Network, Nickelodeon, RDF Media, TV Loonland, Teletoon, Cookie Jar etc all left me with a toasty feeling inside and I've come away with confidence high. It's now, I hear, that one has to have the real energy, as initial interest is followed up.

Anyone interested in getting a show off the ground, I heartily recommend going. There's no better trade fair from what I can tell. I'd put some pictures of the place on here if I'd only taken a camera! :-)

Bada Bling

4 comments:

Hughes said...

Well, sounds like the business. Good luck with all that serious stuff, although im sure you wont need it.

Andrew Glazebrook said...

If you'd have taken a camera we could have seen your lovely legs again ! Glad you had a good time.

Anonymous said...

sounds like it was worth the trip.

The Heater Box Guy said...

Very nnice post