Thursday, July 06, 2006

MONSTER MOB pt1




From the depths of the BADA BLING back catalogue!!!

A while back I did a series of six paintings of silhoutetted monsters with vibrant coloured backgrounds, in direct response to folk asking if they could buy my artwork. The MONSTER MOB paintings as featured above were inspired by my love of colour and by my uncles, the first three here being Uncles Tony, Harry and Dave. They existed in their own little world for quite some time, although they've elbowed their way into the periphary of BITENECK BEATNIKS.

For those who are interested they're available as a series of limited edition (of 66) lithograph prints. Prices available upon request. Lordy, I sound like a bloomin' estate agent now, don't I???!!!

12 comments:

Jo Bling said...

Ann- not at all! They aint that pricey, believe me. I wasn't sure if anyone was interested or not, but here goes. They're £30 each or £150 for a full set of all six. There. That wasn't too painful, was it??? :-) Lemme know ;-)

dragonhead said...

:D Once again, great work.

You signed them "Jo Bling". Neat.

Anonymous said...

all artwork gets signed Jo Bling -books too. We can't have him putting his proper signature on things!!

Andrew Glazebrook said...

I like all of these,mainly because non of them remind me of the Star Wars prequels !!

Jo Bling said...

Are you sure Harry doesn't have a touch of the General Grievous about him???

dragonhead said...

Awwww... Poor Andrew. Jobling just won't let Star Wars be dropped.

Jo Bling said...

Talking of the dread prequels, Em and I are watching Ep 3 for the first time and I'm relieved to see it sits so comfortably alongside it's fellows in the pantheon of cinematic shame...

Anonymous said...

Saved! the rental copy was so bloody awful & scratched and jumping that we gave up part way through.

Don't suppose we could borrow your copy, Glazy, could we?

Andrew Glazebrook said...

I'm sorry but the only reason I bought it was so I could use the playing side as a coaster for my coffee cup !!!

To tell the truth I have installed a shop like detector which goes off if anyone tries to smuggle in AOTC or ROTS, to my shame I bought TPM on DVD as I was still caught up in the whole Star Wars is great fever, I have to live with that shame now :(

I. N. J. Culbard said...

What's wrong with the prequels?

Jo Bling said...

Stop now, INJun, or you'll get ME started.

I. N. J. Culbard said...

I'll bring my copy when we come to visit at the weekend. It's rather good as anything but "Empire" goes.